~The Changing Squares Collection~

Original Release Date: August 31, 2007

Ok, truthfully, this isn't what I'd typically call a 'collection' which is why it (just as the last set) is unofficially titled and sort of blends in with previous items. In all honesty, it's just been an insanely busy summer for me in RL, and when I went to work on this particular set of jewellery, I never expected it to bare any edible fruit. I was just trying to brush off the cobwebs.
Like with many of my sets, it began as just an experiment with prims, twisting and bending the poor little buggers as I so enjoy doing... but then something began to take form, and before I knew it, I was actually working on a set.
The end result was small'ish compared to many of my past projects, but stil impressively complete; rings, bracelets, earrings and necklaces, coming in the options of gold, silver or my new fave medium, black shine.
Though I'd initially just been working with a pretty amber texture I've recently fallen in love with, in the end I saw the jewellery as being capable of so much more. I first thought of doing multiple stone selections, but finally decided to give this jewellery the ability to change through the traditional birthstones. After all... those traditional birthstones are what gave my building career in sl it's birth, and I can't help but find myself constantly drawn back into using them.

No comments: